The Feature Kitchen is a weekend takeaway delivery service, working each month with different chefs, serving Lewes and the surrounding areas, and Brighton.
This month, on the weekends of 19 & 26 November and 3 & 10 December, Alex Von Riebech (formerly Limetree Kitchen) and Jacob Fodio Todd (Feature Kitchen founder) deliver the final menu of this year, visiting some of their favourite warming dishes. The winter feature menu celebrating some of their all-time favourite takeaway dishes.
The Winter Feature menu includes (for £13.50): curry goat or vegetable curry kofta with rice or bread, kachumbar (tomato, cucumber and onion), coleslaw, chana (simple chickpea sauce) and tamarind tomato hot sauce. Sides include buffalo sauced chicken wings (£5) or cauliflower (£4), crispy pigs head croquettes with kimchi (£5) or masala fries (£3). See the full menu here.
Each Friday, three weekends a month, food is freshly prepared in a the Lewes Community Kitchen, packaged in containers. Then, it is delivered on Friday and Saturday evenings (between 6pm-8pm) to houses around Brighton, Lewes and the surrounding areas, ready for simple reheating - on the stove, in an oven or using a microwave. The menu consists of specially selected dishes (with meat & vegetarian/vegan options). See the menu here.
The Feature Kitchen was set-up by Jacob Fodio Todd, of The Groundnut, after an inspiring meeting with Genet & Abeba, who were looking to expand their Ethiopian food business, and Jane Lancashire , who helped organise their Lewes pop-up event. The Feature Kitchen has 3 main aims
1) to boost the variety of weekend takeaway options in the local areas of operation by each month inviting different people to cook fresh dishes for home delivery.
2) to share the wealth of culinary knowledge that exists in the local area
3) to act as a platform and springboard for talented cooks - especially to support those navigating the UK food industry or need help developing their business. The Feature Kitchen aims to invite cooks from a variety of backgrounds to contribute their culinary skills to the kitchen project, so that Lewes and the surrounding areas have ever changing, and interesting, food options readily available.
TFK Covid 19 Response
In December 2019 our kitchen was inspected & received the highest 5* rating from the Food Standards Agency. Since then things have obviously changed drastically around us and we continue to take precautions despite public health bodies such as Public Health England & the Food Standards Agency assuring that: " it is very unlikely that COVID-19 is transmitted through food or food packaging" "COVID-19 is a respiratory illness. It is not known to be transmitted by exposure to food or food packaging."
Our practice has adapted to new circumstances in the following ways:
- Limits of people in the kitchen and managing workplace risks, with small cohorts
& other measures such as facemasks, where possible
- Separate stations with equal access to sink & stores - for kitchen workers to maintain maximum distance apart
- Washing hands frequently
- Staggered pick-up of deliveries, so each driver comes in an allocated time slot. Their deliveries ordered for easy pick-up.
- Will leave bags on a ledge or on doorstep and attempt no contact deliveries
- No longer taking cash payments
If you have any questions or concerns please email us at email@example.com